Thursday, April 7, 2016

Synthesized Synesthesia


After stumbling with my initial idea, I was forced to go back to the drawing board and figure out what I could create to satisfy my current prompt. After some failures with servos, I wanted to say away from the kinetic possibilities of the project and focus more on the interactive portion. Since I already purchased a 300 light strip of LEDs and many of my ideations centered around the use of them, it would not be hard to come up with a new plan.

In  a attempt to find where sculpture and technology can cohabit without one overpowering the other I wanted to explore light and the distortion of it. A beautiful form can be made from the simple melting and shaping of an acrylic sheet, add a little light from some L.E.D.s and some music and  a truly poetic piece may emerge. Audio Visualization. A synthesized synesthesia.





No comments:

Post a Comment